HR Consulting and Legal Services
We Are Not Just Trainers, We Are Attorneys Who Specialize in HR Consulting and Legal Services
Contract Review and Negotiation
As an in-house counsel of a multi-billion dollar, NYSE company and a transactional attorney in her own firm (with clients that include Restoration Hardware, Inc., and ABM Industries Inc.,), Karin Weiner has assisted numerous clients with HR consulting and legal services: terminations, FMLA, ADA, Leave of Absence, Reasonable Accommodations, Interviews, Performance issues, etc.
In addition, she has reviewed, drafted and negotiated over 2,500+ contracts according to client parameters, for example: service contracts, property leases, independent contractor agreements, nondisclosure agreements, subcontracts, vender agreements, confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, request for proposals and supply agreements in a timely, diligent and accurate manner.
Karin can assist your organization with the review and negotiation of the following types of contracts:
- Service Contracts
- Employment Agreements
- Supply Agreements
- Request for Proposals
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Letters of Intent
- Property Leases
- Vendor Agreements
- Nondisclosure Agreements
- Independent Contractor Agreements
HR Consulting Services
Managing human resource matters can be challenging – and expensive. There are people / personality / performance issues, as well as potential legal issues. It is important to know when these issues intersect and how best to respond.
Here are just a few of the ways that Kate Anthony, The Compliance Pros’ Chief Employment Law Advisor, can help:
- We can provide you with best practices for verbal and written warnings.
- if you need to terminate your employee, we can provide you with the tools to reduce your risks surrounding terminations.
Performance Issues that also Involve Religion, Disability, Medical Conditions, Leave to Care for Themselves or Family Members
- Companies must treat employee performance issues differently when there is a religious, ethical or leave issue.
- We’ll help you navigate performance matters when there are religious or medical issues involved.
Leaves and Reasonable Accommodations
- There are laws and regulations regarding how and when to provide an appropriate leave for medical issues.
- Employers must provide reasonable accommodations under certain circumstances, and we can suggest best practices to handle these issues.
Wage and Hour Laws
- Employers must keep track of hourly employees’ hours worked. We can advise on how best to do this, and how to correct issues of employees not complying with regular work hours.
- Employers must also provide uninterrupted breaks and meal periods. We can identify and correct any issues in this regard.
Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion
- We can advise on how best to achieve your own Affirmative Action goals.
- We will identify any diversity shortcomings and offer solutions.
These are just a few of the HR challenges we can assist. Feel free to contact us with any additional HR or people-related matters. We will put our 40-plus years of combined employment law experience to the task and give you the results you desire.
Learn More About Karin Weiner
and Kate Anthony.
Contact Us Directly For More Information
About Our Legal and HR Services